Sunday 8 August 2010

FINE vs SIEN

When we ask people, 'how are you?'
Many people will say, 'I am fine.'

Are they really fine?

One thing I learned from Robert Kiyosaki's book.
He has another meaning behind.

F = Feeling
I = Insecure
N = Neurotic

and the last one,

E = Emotional

So, when people say, 'I am fine.'

He sometimes means, 'I am feeling Insecure, neurotic and emotional.'

Now,
here is another word, SIEN.

I create this one after knowing about FINE.

Other than saying 'I am fine',
another popular answer you might get from Chinese is, 'I am so SIEN.'
(SIEN means boring in Hokkien)

What have I created for SIEN?

So Interesting and Entertaining Now.

So, when peo
ple say, 'I am so SIEN.'
He may mean, 'I am so interesting and entertaining now.'

5 comments:

  1. Haha. I never thought of that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didnt mean that punya leh. my sien is really really sien... den felt like sighing...


    but when i answer.. im fine.. that's probably dowan let ppl worry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah..geng nia you

    ReplyDelete