Most of people know that there is a bad news today. The legend of technology, Steve Jobs passed away. He has left us. Steve Jobs is really a wonderful person who brings a lot of innovative products to all of us.
Ipod, iphone, ipad....
Without him, we all will not have all these wonderful products. He isn't only a wonderful entrepreneur, but also a wonderful man who brought a lot of changes to our life.
His works and efforts should be appreciated. He is one of the heroes in my heart. I give my respect here to him.
R.I.P. Steve Jobs (1955 - 2011)
I tried to search from net on the wonderful things that he has said. Here are some quotes I like so much.
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.
- Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me… Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful… that's what matters to me."
- We're gambling on our vision, and we would rather do that than make "me too" products. Let some other companies do that. For us, it's always the next dream.
- Because I'm the CEO, and I think it can be done.
- The cure for Apple is not cost-cutting. The cure for Apple is to innovate its way out of its current predicament.
- Nobody has tried to swallow us since I've been here. I think they are afraid how we would taste.
- When you're young, you look at television and think, There's a conspiracy. The networks have conspired to dumb us down. But when you get a little older, you realize that's not true. The networks are in business to give people exactly what they want. That's a far more depressing thought. Conspiracy is optimistic! You can shoot the bastards! We can have a revolution! But the networks are really in business to give people what they want. It's the truth.
- You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.
- Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?
- Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.
- Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.
- To turn really interesting ideas and fledgling technologies into a company that can continue to innovate for years, it requires a lot of disciplines.