Monday 18 July 2011

Is Time Estimated by Google Maps Accurate?

I walked to Farlim to do some bank transactions.
When I was reaching there, something came up in my mind.
I wonder whether how accurate is the estimated time needed by Google Maps to reach a place from one place.

So, when I was walking back home, I recorded down the time.

Time of departure: 3.21 p.m.
Time of reaching: 3.55 p.m.

So, it's 34 minutes.

After I reached my home, I tried to check it with Google Maps.



It surprised me! It shows 34 minutes!

It's same as the time I have taken!

I had also set some check point and recorded down the time used.


Time used by me

Estimation by Google Maps

Check point 1: Econ Save

9 minutes

10 minutes

Check point 2: Pine Valley Business Centre

6 minutes

7 minutes

Check point 3: Lee Rubber

9 minutes

9 minutes

Check point 4: Destination

10 minutes

8 minutes

TOTAL

34 minutes

34 minutes


It's quite accurate, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that's so cool! i thought it was just rough estimations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruiting, it surprises me too. I am going to do more test on it and see whether how is it really accurate.

    ReplyDelete