Thursday 9 February 2012

Chap Goh Meh At Strait Quay

Chinese New Year celebration has officially over. How's your celebration? Do you get enough ang pow? Haha.

Chinese New Year celebration ends with Chap Goh Meh, or Chinese Valentine's Day.

Chap Goh Meh is a day where the females will be throwing oranges into the river while the males collecting it.

Well, although I have been living in this world for 24 years, it's my first time to see the ceremony of throwing oranges.

I went Strait Quay with Henry and Applefish to see the ceremony.







Well, it's quite crowded and hot!! No much photos I managed to take on that night as my camera isn't good. Anyway, you may go My Blog, My Way to see some photos.

And the good thing is....



I managed to take a photo with Chai Shen Ye! Thanks to Henry on helping me to take the photo!

Wohoo! Hope I can get more money this year. Hope I can generate a good return from my investment.

9 comments:

  1. seems u having great day... will come Penang at this March soon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoots! heng ar ong ar huat ar! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so skinny oooo~~~~~

    mt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like u'd some fun with Henry! Will chk out his post too :)

    I was down with flu, so I didn't celebrate on that day :< But I did some cooking on CNY. Chk it out CNY Lo Hei: Auspicious Salmon Yu Sheng!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea. I have a good moment with him. Aiyo, too bad that you was down with flu. Are you okay already now? I hope so. I read your blog yesterday. Your Yu Sheng is really nice!

    ReplyDelete