Friday, 23 November 2012

Penang Bridge International Marathon 2012

Penang Bridge International Marathon (PBIM) is finally over. I supposed post it 5 days ago right? Haha.

I was waiting to see any of my pictures was uploaded so that I can post it here as well. But couldn't find any until now.

Okay, let's start my story telling.

I was joining for half marathon category, which is going to start at 3am. But, my friend and I departed at around 10 o'clock. We worried that we couldn't find car park. So, we reach there quite early and have to wait for hours.

Perhaps, because of feeling nervous and a little bit of anxiety (as this is my first time joining), I was feeling a little bit not well.

Full marathon started at 2am. I witnessed the kick off of the race. Wow! It's motivating!

While it's near to 3am, I got ready to start my run.

3am.... Finally started..... It's really very crowded.

Ouch!!! Something happened! I wasn't got on bridge yet and my stomach started to feel pain. I guessed I hurt my stomach.

After got on the bridge. I feel even more painful and I started to walk. Negative thought came into my mind. I thought of giving up and seek for St. John's help.

Suddenly, something great happened. Someone beside me talked to me. Asking me whether was I all right. Then, he started to guide me, teaching me what should I do and how should I manage my run.

We talked a lot.

His name, Adrian. He is from Pahang and working in KL. His colleagues and he were coming from KL purposely for the run.

As he was running for full marathon, I had to say good bye to him at 9th km of marathon.

Thanks to him, I got back my confidence. Due to my physical and mental condition that moment, I decided to practice one of his method. After running 570 steps, I will walk for 190 steps. I kept repeating it, and it did work.

I finished 17km, I felt so exhausted. Then, I spent most of my time on walking until I gave my last shot in final km. That final 4km was suffering as I was exhausted. It was 4km, but I felt it like more than 8km.

In the final km, I was trying my best to run faster. With the cheers from the cheering team, I feel motivated and I felt like crying. At the beginning where I hurt my stomach, I felt like giving up. But my determination (with support from Adrian), I manage to make it. I feel so glad and self-fulfilled.

After the run, I rested for 2 hours before I manage to move.

While resting, I asked Leng Chin to checked my Facebook whether the live tracking system worked.

Yeah. The system worked out properly. Quite good ya.

After my rest, Leng Chin, Ray, David and I went for breakfast at Subway and changing clothes before we left at around 9.30am.

It's a meaningful run. I perhaps performed not that well, but it's a good experience for me.

For sure, I am joinning again next year, probably 21km. And, I hope that I could meet Adrian again.

PBIM 2013! We will meet again!